Saturday, November 26, 2011

one year since "yes!"

It is hard to believe that one year ago Michael popped the question, I said yes, and I have been wearing the most gorgeous ring on my finger since! 
November 26, 2010

Michael proposed to me over Thanksgiving break while my family was in town for the holiday. We had talked about getting married and had looked at rings a little bit, but I was not expecting it that soon at all!

It was the day after Thanksgiving and we had been hanging out with my dad's side of the family at the Woolley's house. Mike told me that his mom and sisters were coming to the mall in Orem to shop and suggested that we go say "hi" - I thought that was a great idea and bit the bate. As we were leaving, he mentioned that we had to stop by the apartment he was staying at to pick up his phone charger. I offered to just stay in the car while he ran in, but he suggested that I join him. Once we walked in the door I walked right over to the couch and plopped down, while stating, "It still smells in here". I had walked over rose petals and did not even notice the set up in the kitchen! Michael called me over, got down on one knee, and asked me to marry him! Of course I said "Yes!" right without hesitation! I was SO shocked, I was shaking the entire time and for a while after!! I was so surprised; I had no idea he had talked to my dad or purchased a ring! So sneaky!! :)

The Woodheads were waiting close by, so they came up after to celebrate with us! We then went back to the Woolley's house, where my family was waiting. I was so happy that they were in town so that they could be part of all the excitement! It meant so much to me to have my family there - especially my mom and dad!

That was the perfect beginning to our ever after - from that day on I have worn the ring I will wear for the rest of my life and I couldn't be happier about being officially taken! 

No comments:

Post a Comment