Monday, February 13, 2012

The Big 2-3

I have always had a bit of an issue with birthdays; I cried when I turned ten because I would never be single digits again - a bit too serious, I know, but that's me. I have always thought of 23 as being the point in life when you are a real adult, it always seemed so mature to me. This was a big one, but thanks to my hubs, I think I handled the transition pretty well! 

I came home from school/work to a cleaned and decorated house, presents on the table, and a decorated cake! When Michael got home he had me open presents. He gave me quite a few pieces of clothes, some accessories, and a fun swimsuit coverup for the cruise in May! All very thoughtful things. My parents and Mike's parents each gave me some fabulous clothes, too. I felt so loved and spoiled!! 
That evening we went to dinner at Cafe Rio and saw the movie The Vow. Such a fun date!! The movie was a little disappointing, but it was fun to go to the theater and spend time with my man - he was so kind to see a chick flick with me! 
It is very safe to say that my first birthday as a married woman was very much a success!!  
The Sunday after my birthday we went to the Woodhead's for dinner, and Jane Anne made a delicious cheesecake! It was fun to have another little celebration! We love being in that house on Sundays!! Thanks so much for making my birthday special! 

3 comments:

  1. I don't really think of myself as that old until you say you think 23 is old! Haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Kimberly! Happy Birthday I miss you!

    ReplyDelete