Sunday, October 2, 2011

General Conference - Oct. 2011


I love General Conference!! It is really is one of my favorite times of the year - it is such a cozy, fun, and uplifting time! This Conference was no exception. 

The week started the weekend before when Jane Anne, Grandma G., Marie, Marlies, and I went to the General Relief Society meeting. It was so wonderful! We had great seats thanks to Grandma G.'s connections and years of service, and we had a great time being with the girls! 

As I sat in the Conference Center with the thousands of other ladies, I realized how much I truly love Relief Society! It is such an amazing organization and I am proud to be a member - it makes me want to be a better person and it only causes good in the world. My favorite talk from the night was given by President Uchtdorf. He talked about the forget me not flower, which has five petals and related that to five things that women should always remember. 

1. I must be patient and compassionate with myself.
2. Some sacrifices are better than others.
3. I need not wait for a "golden ticket" to be happy.
4. The "why" of the gospel of Jesus Christ will inspire and uplift me.
5. Heavenly Father knows, loves, and cherishes me. 

After leaving the meeting, we went to dinner as a group. It was so fun to chat and we could not stop laughing! I feel SO lucky and blessed to have married into such an accepting and inclusive group of ladies. Love them all!! 



 
The next weekend was "real" General Conference. Michael and I enjoyed most of the sessions in our new little apartment. We continued the Lambert tradition of making monkey bread for breakfast! We went to the Woodhead's for the Sunday afternoon session and the usual family dinner - it was fun, funny, and memorable as always!  

Saturday night, while Michael was at Priesthood, I went to dinner with my friends Anne and Taryn. It was so fun to spend some time with the girls and to catch up with them! 

Michael came home from Priesthood and fixed himself one of his favorite meals...chicken nuggets! He is so funny! I always joke that he loves little kid food, but it is kinda true: the nuggets, taquitos, gushers, hostess desserts, etc. etc. :) 


1 comment:

  1. hahahahahaha chicken nuggets! he is so funny with his little kid food. Reminds me of when he cooked that plate of like a million mini corndogs at our apartment :) And hey, WE feel glad that YOU married into the family! The RS broadcast was fun :)

    ReplyDelete